POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP help needed... : IRTC WIP help needed... Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC WIP help needed...
From: Tek
Date: 2 Dec 2002 13:49:29
Message: <3debab39@news.povray.org>
Hi. I need help! (and not just in the psychological sense)

I'm working on an entry for the Frozen Moment round. Anyway, the problem (as
you've probably guessed from the attached pictures) is that I can't decide my
favourite layout! I've created the scene with basic objects (though I've done a
lot of work on the splashes and the falling water), and I've positioned them in
various arrangements that I'm considering, and I still can't decide!

My idea is to show a waterfall and a pouring drink arranged symmetrically so you
can see a lot of resemblence between the two, despite the fact that they're
radically different sizes. Basically just to add interest to the scene :) I've
achieved this using the simple illusion that big things look small when they're
far away! So the waterfall is much bigger than the drink (it will be more
obvious when I put some scenery between the two).

So which layout do you think I should use?
And obviously any other comments and suggestions you have would be really
helpful. :)

Cheers
--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'flat-r.jpg' (26 KB) Download '3quarter.jpg' (47 KB) Download 'flat.jpg' (26 KB) Download 'flat4-3.jpg' (43 KB) Download '2halves.jpg' (41 KB)

Preview of image 'flat-r.jpg'
flat-r.jpg

Preview of image '3quarter.jpg'
3quarter.jpg